Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Story of us..




Chad and I met in 2009 technically, but I would like to say I met him before that, or noticed him to say the least! My friend worked with him and when he started working there she texted me and told me to come by and see the new guy, he was totally cute! I made it my job from then on out every now and then to come by and see him. I sometimes would even run by him and say "HEY CHAD!" and run off. I was gutsy to say the least. 

Fast forward to 2009. My friend was moving to another college so I knew I would have no reason to go to the store again or to not be as obvious so I asked her for his number. She gave it to me and I started texting him. We texted on and off for about a week then we decided to go see a movie together. 

We did not do a single thing towards each other that night, not even a hug goodbye. But, I knew he was different because when I got ready to leave he said so when will I talk to you again? I said, that's up to you. He said, okay, I'll text you when I get to my car. And he did. It was sweet!

After that we went out a few more times, and every time he would turn his phone off when we were together, another sweet thing about him that made him seem so different.I knew I wanted to be his girlfriend.

Eventually, I told him how I felt and we began going out as boyfriend and girlfriend in October 2009. He proposed a few months later (next July) at my house as he was getting ready to leave. I said yes. 

We kept this a secret from Chad's parents until we got to college that August. 

After that we stayed engaged during my first year at college at the University and his third year of college and first year at the big University as well. It was hard with school to plan a wedding for me, but it was doable. And dates changed from time to time on what day to plan the next year. The plan was to marry in October at first, but we wanted married housing and we thought it would be easier to get it this housing on campus in summer. So we moved it to June. 

When we finally told Chad's parents, they wanted us to wait till after college. Which now looking back I am so glad we didn't yes I want to respect them, but I know if we had done that we would be only making them happy, not us. We wanted to get married then because we knew we not only wanted to but would also being saving a ton of money in the future after college if we were able to be married and live together. Most marriages end in divorce because of financial problems. I did not want to be in that statistic. I knew if we did this we would be not only happy we would be saving money. 

My mom, was not as upset and found out sooner. She just wanted me to be happy and wanted me to know my responsibility if I did so.

The wedding was in June 2011, and I penny pinched every option as much as I could. I bought my dress for $100, made my invitations, made my bridesmaids wear black dresses they already had, etc. We did not even get a nice honeymoon getaway, we went to the Zoo that weekend. (we had summer classes) And I don't regret that still today. Yes, it was more stressful because I had to research more but in the end I am glad I did and still loved every moment of my wedding. Except, the time... 3pm 90 degree weather! Yeah bad idea!

And we have and we still love each other. We talk about the future and plan for it often because even though money is tight because we are still only 21 and 22 yr old college students we know that right now we are still happy and we will be happy in the future as well because we planned ahead. 

I believe if we can make it through college together with as little money as we have now, we can make it through anything. No, our marriage is not perfect and it does take a lot of work, but I love being with Chad and know we are meant to be!



Sincerely, 


Our Happily Every After

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Tbanks Terri, thanks for following as well. Not able to post often because of school but do when I can.

      Delete