Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Newlyweds in College



If you have been following my blog for awhile or know me personally, you know that I am married to my husband and also pursuing a bachelors degree in social work then afterwards going for my masters possibly. My husband, Chad is also going to college right now pursuing an Education degree in middle school math and English.  We also are still young, 21 and 22. 

Balancing both full-time school schedules, a marriage, and other activities such as church and work is hard work. It is something that must be constantly worked on every single day in order to make everything flow smoothly. Especially our marriage. 

Some people that have other things going on that are older than us, can't make it work and resort to divorce. But when we married we knew this was not an option, so how do we make it work you ask?

Well as I kind of talked about in the last post we make time for everything. We have a schedule that includes homework, school, work, free time for yourself, and free time for us. Sometimes this also requires waking up earlier or staying up later to do a paper, but we know that if we do this that we will get to hangout together without homework. 

We have a date night once a week. We are hoping we can keep this trend up for life, but with kids later it might not be realistic, but we know that once a month is even nice. Even if its just going out for pizza or bringing a movie home to watch, pretty much just relax and be with each other time. 

We also voice our schedules to each other every day to see if there is extra time for us to do something or not. I know this may seem like a lot, but if Chad is working on homework then why not do the same when I see he is or take some me time if I don't have any homework at the moment. Our schedules always change from day to day so others might only have to do this once a week. 

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I both married young as well, and my husband had a yr left in his bachelors (and then eventually went back for an MBA after we had our first child). Being married while in school is tough... glad yall have found ways to stay connected in the chaos :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete