Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beyond my years...


I believe that because I am married at a young age I have experienced different things than 21 year olds at my age. Not only do I not go out and party, I do not mind to just sit at home and watch TV, and I have a lot of older friends that I connect to and relate to better. It even happens when I am blog hopping, I connect to older women because other than the kids part we usually have a lot more in common. 

I also actually like school for the most part, I like learning. I could live without the homework part though, but I do know its purpose and understand that its just part of it. I understand there is value in truly learning and that we are not here to gain friends. 

I also believe that my major has made me grow more than others at times. Social Work is not only a hard major, (we all believe that we write so much that we should receive a technical writing minor automatically) but it also is a different mindset than other majors have. We want to help people, and not just any people, we want to help the people that sometimes no one else wants to help. 

Lastly, I think about the future a ton. I know some college students do this in some way, but I go to the extremes so I know how important it is to save money for the later in life. I have never lived in a house throughout my whole life so planning for a big purchase like that is a must for me. Chad and I have drawn up designs on the computer, some what of a blue print type design for our dream house. Since my scholarship offers me a job after school I know the whereabouts of where we might live as well. 

I know all these things are not bad, but because I do things like this and more it is hard to connect at times with people my own age because we are into different things. But I am learning to accept that and be thankful for the friends I have, including bloggers. I also think this is an advantage because I am more mature and ready to network for work. 


sincerely,

thankful now

No comments:

Post a Comment